The Disability Confident scheme helps employers recruit and retain great people, and to:
- challenge attitudes and increase understanding of disability
- draw from the widest possible pool of talent
- secure high-quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
- improve employee morale and commitment by demonstrating fair treatment
It also helps identify those employers who are committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace.
The scheme has 3 levels designed to support employers on their Disability Confident journey, these are:
- Disability Confident Committed (Level 1)
- Disability Confident Employer (Level 2)
- Disability Confident Leader (Level 3)
All employers join the scheme at Disability Confident Committed (Level 1), and progress through the levels to achieve the one that’s right for their organisation.
For more information about signing up for the Disability Confident scheme, and how it can help your business check out the detailed guidance on gov.uk.